Discover the value of co-op membership!
The mission of Aiken Electric Cooperative, Inc. is to empower communities by providing reliable, competitively priced energy and other services desired by our membership.
Aiken Electric Cooperative, your energy company, offers a wide variety of programs and services designed to enhance the quality of life our member-owners enjoy. We’re constantly refining these programs – and developing new ones – just another way we’re always looking out for you.
• Bank Draft – Your checking or savings account will automatically be drafted each month for the amount of your electric bill. Application form
• Credit Card Draft – Automatically charge your bill to your credit card
• PayByNet – Pay your bill online, any time, using your credit card, draft options or auto pay; set up account alerts and reminders; review your billing, payment and usage history
• IVR (Interactive Voice Response) – Pay over the phone by calling (803) 649-6245. Data rates may apply.
• Go Green, Save Green – Receive a $1 bill credit for 12 months when you use both E-billing and Bank Draft to pay your electric bill. You’ll receive a link to access your bill in an e-mail each month. Enroll now
• Auto Pay – One time set up that allows you to automatically charge payment to a credit card account or subtract from your checking or savings account on the same day every month or on your due date. Set up thru the member portal
• Levelized Billing – Available to qualified residential members who wish to be able to budget in advance for their utility bills. Levelized billing uses a rolling average of your electric bill for the most recent 12 months. More information
•Advance Pay – A pay-as-you-go plan that allows you to keep a positive balance by making payments as needed. No deposit required. Instead of receiving a paper bill each month, usage is calculated daily.
• Senior U Select® – A program that allows qualifying cooperative members on Social Security and/or disability to pay their bill on the 8th or the 22th of each month More information
• Remote Pay Stations and Payment kiosks – Pay your bill at any AEC remote pay station or 24-hr machine located at our Aiken, Edgefield and North offices. Remote station listing
• Third-Party Notification – A free service that allows a designated third party to be notified should a loved one’s electric bill become past due or be subject to disconnection.
• Mobile App – Access your account information and report outages on your phone.
• CheckOut – a fast and convenient way to pay your AEC bill while checking out at participating retailers near you. Qualifying locations include Dollar General, Family Dollar and CVS Pharmacy. This service only accepts cash payments and a $1.50 convenience fee will be charged at the time of payment. For more information, visit https://aec.sedccheckout.com/