Staying in hot water is now a PLUS!
A member/owner may choose a free, new high-efficiency 50-gallon or 80-gallon electric water heater from AEC with a timer AND receive free normal installation* AND a $2.50 per month credit for 10 years.
A member/owner may choose to have a timer only installed on their existing 50-gallon or 80-gallon electric water heater AND receive a $200 cash payment from AEC AND a $2.50 per month credit for 10 years.
For building an ALL ELECTRIC, energy-efficient, new construction contract home, the member/owner/buyer will receive $250 cash.
If you are on city water, an expansion tank is required at an additional expense to be covered by the member.
A free, new high-efficiency 50-gallon or 80-gallon electric water heater to install in the new home you’re building. In addition,a worry-free maintenance electric water heater warranty is provided free by AEC to your buyer for a full 10 years.
For an ALL ELECTRIC,energy-efficient, new construction speculative home, you (the builder) will receive $250 cash in addition to the free electric water heater and free water heater maintenance program for your buyer.
For new home construction or for a change-out from a gas water heater to an electric water heater, the worry-free electric water heater maintenance warranty is provided free for a full 10 years.
CONTROL TIME WINDOW:
Winter 6 A.M. — 11 A.M. – Summer 1 P.M. — 9 P.M.
In reality, most members/owners with timers rarely, if ever, notice that it is being controlled. This means that, without any interruption in comfort or hot water, the co¬op and you are saving money.
- Be an active member of Aiken Electric Co-op or own a primary residence served by Aiken Electric Co-op.
- Own the property where the water heater and/or timer is to be installed. This should be a primary residence. (Manufactured housing may qualify if you own a mobile home that’s permanently attached to property you also own.) Non-residential structures are not eligible.
- Have proper wiring and required space, including doorways, for normal installation*:
(a)10-2 copper wire w/ ground; 30 amp, two-pole breaker
Gallons Height Diameter 50 72″ 24″ (Low Boy)50 50″ 28” 80 76 1/2″ 28”
- sign an agreement to both purchase power from AEC AND keep the water heater and/or timer active in the home for at least 10 years. **
* Note: Costs for any relocation, structural changes and/or required plumbing code updates/upgrades are not considered to be part of a “normal installation” and will be the sole responsibility of the member/owner or landlord of a rental property.
** Note: Early withdrawal from the H2O Select PLUS 2 program may result in an assessment of unrecovered AEC costs.