Staying in hot water is now a PLUS!
A member/owner may choose a free, new high-efficiency 50-gallon or 80-gallon electric water heater from AEC without a timer and pay a $200 normal installation* fee. You can either pay the normal installation* fee up front or take up to 36 months to pay by having a monthly payment amount added to your electric bill. If you are the owner but not the occupant, you will be billed separately. A 9.9% interest rate will apply.
A member/owner may choose a free, new high-efficiency 50-gallon or 80-gallon electric water heater from AEC with a timer AND receive free normal installation* AND a $2.50 per month credit for 10 years.
A member/owner may choose to have a timer only installed on their existing 50-gallon or 80-gallon electric water heater AND receive a $200 cash payment from AEC AND a $2.50 per month credit for 10 years.
For building an ALL ELECTRIC, energy-efficient, new construction contract home, the member/owner/buyer will receive $250 cash.
Only the following items are covered for gas change-outs:
- Disconnection of flute through ceiling
- Safe termination/capping of gas line
- 30 amp 2 pole breaker
- 10 ft. of wire
Any additional work or equipment required will be charged to the member by the plumber.
If you are on city water, an expansion tank is required at an additional expense to be covered by the member.
A free, new high-efficiency 50-gallon or 80-gallon electric water heater to install in the new home you’re building. In addition,a worry-free maintenance electric water heater warranty is provided free by AEC to your buyer for a full 10 years.
For an ALL ELECTRIC,energy-efficient, new construction speculative home, you (the builder) will receive $250 cash in addition to the free electric water heater and free water heater maintenance program for your buyer.
For new home construction or for a change-out from a gas water heater to an electric water heater, the worry-free electric water heater maintenance warranty is provided free for a full 10 years.
CONTROL TIME WINDOW:
Winter 6 A.M. — 11 A.M. – Summer 1 P.M. — 9 P.M.
In reality, most members/owners with timers rarely, if ever, notice that it is being controlled. This means that, without any interruption in comfort or hot water, the co¬op and you are saving money.
- Be an active member of Aiken Electric Co-op or own a primary residence served by Aiken Electric Co-op.
- Own the property where the water heater and/or timer is to be installed. This should be a primary residence. (Manufactured housing may qualify if you own a mobile home that’s permanently attached to property you also own.) Non-residential structures are not eligible.
- Have proper wiring and required space, including doorways, for normal installation*:
(a)10-2 copper wire w/ ground; 30 amp, two-pole breaker
Gallons Height Diameter 50 72″ 24″ (Low Boy)50 50″ 28” 80 76 1/2″ 28”
- sign an agreement to both purchase power from AEC AND keep the water heater and/or timer active in the home for at least 10 years. **
* Note: Costs for any relocation, structural changes and/or required plumbing code updates/upgrades are not considered to be part of a “normal installation” and will be the sole responsibility of the member/owner or landlord of a rental property.
** Note: Early withdrawal from the H2O Select PLUS 2 program may result in an assessment of unrecovered AEC costs.