To be explained and given to Member:

New homes—Requirements varies with counties. Aiken County- Owner must provide a Certificate of Occupancy (CO) Number, electrical release or permit number to show proof that builder has completed construction and the home is now in the homeowner’s name. Edgefield, McCormick and Saluda Counties– Require electrical authorization from building departments before any services (temporary or permanent) can be connected. The building departments fax the approvals to the cooperative after inspections have been done. Edgefield County also requires a Certificate of Occupancy (CO) after the final inspection before the account can go into the owner’s name. Orangeburg County – Calls the cooperative with the CO information and other related information. Calhoun County – Manufactured homes, mobile homes, campers, motor homes or mobile offices that change ownership or have been unoccupied must be permitted and brought up to current installation requirements before utility service will be authorized. Permit fees shall be one half (1/2) of regular permit fee. Under no conditions shall a manufactured home in any condition be permitted for storage use in Calhoun County.

There may be additional requirements, not noted above, necessary by the varying counties.

Additional Steps That Will Be Required: