AIKEN ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE, INC.
LARGE POWER SERVICE
Effective on Bills Rendered on or After July 1, 2014
Available to consumers located on or near the Cooperative's three-phase line for
loads requiring 50 kVA or greater of installed transformer capacity, subject to the
established Service Rules and Regulations of the Cooperative.
Service Charge per month: $ 45.00
Demand Charges all kW per month: $ 6.50
First 200 kWh per kW of Billing Demand $ 0.090 per kWh
Next 200 kWh per kW of Billing Demand $ 0.080 per kWh
Over 400 kWh per kW of Billing Demand $ 0.070 per kWh
DETERMINATION OF BILLING DEMAND
The Billing Demand shall be the maximum kilowatt demand established by the consumer for any period fifteen consecutive minutes during the month for which the bill is rendered, as indicated or recorded by a demand meter and adjusted for power factor as follows.
POWER FACTOR ADJUSTMENT
The consumer agrees to maintain unity power factor as nearly as practicable. The Billing Demand will be adjusted to correct for average power factors lower than 85% by increasing the measured demand 1% for each 1% by which the average power factor is less than 85% lagging.
POWER COST ADJUSTMENT CLAUSE
The above rates shall be adjusted in accordance with Schedule PCA.
MINIMUM MONTHLY CHARGE
The minimum monthly charge shall be the highest one of the following charges as determined for the consumer in question:
1. The minimum monthly charge specified in the contract for service.
2. A charge of $0.75 per kVA of installed transformer capacity.
MINIMUM ANNUAL CHARGE FOR SEASONAL SERVICE
Consumers requiring service only during certain seasons not exceeding nine months per year may guarantee a minimum annual payment of twelve times the minimum monthly charge determined in accordance with the foregoing section in which case there shall be no minimum monthly charge.
CHARACTER OF SERVICE
Three-phase, 60 cycles, at standard voltages.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
1. Motors having a rated capacity in excess of ten horsepower (10 HP) must be three-phase.
2. Both power and supplementary lighting may be billed at the applicable rate. If a separate meter is required for the lighting circuit, the registrations of the two meters shall not be added to obtain the billing units used.
3. All wiring, pole lines, and other electrical equipment beyond the metering point, shall be considered the distribution system of the consumer and shall be furnished and maintained by the consumer.
4. The consumer shall guarantee a minimum annual revenue of not less than 18% of the estimated additional investment required to extend service, which shall include the additional cost of meters, transformers, and any additions to or alterations of lines and equipment necessary to make service available. Minimum charges for service shall be based on the additional investment only when this results in greater charges than those based on the kVA transformer capacity. In all other cases, the minimum charges shall be based on kVA of transformer capacity as herein before provided.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
The above rates are net. Bills are due when rendered and past due if not paid within 20 days of the billing date.