AIKEN ELECTRIC COOPERATIVE, INC.
DECORATIVE LIGHTING SCHEDULE
RATE SCHEDULE "DL"
Effective with all bills rendered on or after January 1, 2011.
Available in all areas served by the Cooperative subject to the Cooperative's Service Rules and Regulations.
Applicable to consumers for dusk to dawn outdoor lighting by means of photoelectric controlled ballast operated mercury, sodium, or other vapor type luminaries, and where applicable, poles conforming to the Cooperative's specifications, subject, where applicable, to local codes and ordinances.
Wattage Lumens Type kWh Pole Rate
100 9,500 HPS ( 1.Traditional) 44 16' Fiberglass $17.00
100 9,500 HPS (2. Shoebox) 44 16' Fiberglass $19.00
100 9,500 HPS (3. Acorn) 44 16' Fiberglass $18.50
1. Service for lighting will be made available from existing underground transformers except that if the length of trenching required to provide underground lighting exceeds 100 feet per light, a contribuiotn-in-aid of construction will be required for the excess footage ($1.50 per foot.) Where paving or other obstructions exist, the consumer will be required to perform all trenching and/or boring, install duct (furnished by the Cooperative), backfill, and restore paving to the mutual satisfaciot n of all parties concerned. (The Cooperative may perform the necessary trenching/ boring, install the duct, backfill and restore paving upon payment by consumer, in advance, of the estimated cost of such work).
2. The above monthly rates will apply only to fixtures and poles designated as standard equipment by the Cooperaivte. Contributions-in-aid of construction will be charged to cover the cost difference of other than standard fixtures and poles, provided the Cooperative agrees to install such equipment. However, at its option, the Cooperative, both in lieu of or in combination with any contribution, may develop and offer a monthly rate for such non-standard pole and/or fixture. In addition, where custom lighting packages are requested the Cooperative may, at its option, provide such packages under a special contract under which the monthly rates, installation charges, etc. will be determined and included in such contract.
CONDITIONS OF SERVICE
1. The Cooperative shall furnish, install, operate and maintain the outdoor lighting equipment including lamp, luminaires, bracket attachment and control device on a pole of the Cooperative, electrically connected so that the power for operation of the light does not pass through the meter for the consumers other usage, at a location mutually agreeable to both the Cooperative and the consumer.
2. The Cooperative will maintain the lighting equipment, including lamp replacement, at no additional cost to the consumer. Lamp replacement and other service or maintenance activities shall be performed during regular business hours as soon as practical (but not more than three days) after notification of the Cooperative by the consumer that service has been interrupted. IT IS THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE CONSUMER TO REPORT OUTDOOR LIGHTS OUT OF ORDER. The consumer shall reimburse the Cooperative for the cost of any such maintenance work which is required because of vandalism or willful or negligent destruction.
3. Lighting equipment shall remain the property of the Cooperative. The consumer shall protect the lighting equipment from deliberate damage. Where the light is exposed to an area with vandalism problems, the Cooperative reserves the right to remove the light or assess a special charge for excess maintenance.
4. Poles for support of the luminaires are to be fiberglass or other poles of the Cooperative's existing distribution system or extensions from the system.
5. The Cooperative reserves the right to specify the number and location of service points.
6. Lighting service shall be provided only at locations which are accessible to the Cooperative's equipment for servicing purposes. The consumer shall allow authorized representatives of the Cooperative to enter upon consumer's premises and to trim trees and shrubs as necessary for maintenance of the lighting equipment and for removal of the lighting equipment upon termination of service under this schedule.
7. The Cooperative and the consumer shall execute an agreement for service under this schedule for a period of not less than five years; however, in the event the consumer requests this service to be disconnected, the Cooperative will continue monthly billing until the term of the contract has expired or the consumer shall be obligated to pay the Cooperative the monthly charge for a minimum period of sixty (60) months, and termination hereof before the expiration of said minimum period shall cause such charge, multiplied by the number of months remaining in said period, to become due and payable at once.
8. The Cooperative and the consumer shall execute an agreement for service under this schedule for a period of not less than five years; however, in the event the consumer requests this service to be disconnected, the Cooperative will continue monthly billing until the term of the contract has expired or the consumer shall be obligated to pay the Cooperative the monthly charge for a minimum period of sixty (60) months, and termination hereof before the expiration of said minimum period shall cause such charge, multiplied by the number of months remaining in said period, to
become due and payable at once.
TERMS OF PAYMENT
The current monthly bill is due upon receipt and will be past due twenty (20) days from the date of the bill.